ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 1 - 2017

Happy New Year! Thank you so much to my friends and fellow artists for following my art journey. Please look for weekly posts this year as I continue to paint.


Bear Creek
9x12 pastel
Lair O the Bear -- January 1, 2017

The year started out with Cliff Austin's annual January 1st paint-out. We painted at Lair O the Bear Park in Idledale. There were quite a few Pastel Society of Colorado painters there and it was great to visit with some artists that I haven't seen in awhile. The creek was half frozen and just beautiful to paint. So, when it's below freezing out - I've tried several times to paint with gloves on (doesn't work) or fingerless gloves (too cold still). So I came up with a brilliant idea to just snip a slit in the fingers instead of cutting them off and it worked! And I had scissors in my bag!
They are now Pastel Painting Gloves - patent pending.
Not really, go ahead and try it.





Dali Rocks
oil 9x12
Roxborough State Park January 3, 2017

On Tuesday it was a PAAC day and we painted at Roxborough State Park. Even though it was 20 degrees out, the sun was shining and it did not feel that cold at all. I switched to oils and experimented with using massive amounts of Liquin medium to make the paint flow better. Experiment gone bad, its got a van Gogh or Dahli drippy kind of vibe to it. Oh well, the day was beautiful and I'm working on my canvas miles.

Set up by the visitor center

Jennifer Riefenberg

Anita Winter