ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Week 2 Arizona and Making Lemonade

I had a great time painting a few weeks ago in Arizona with Tracy Haines. Art trips are the BEST and it makes me love my job. Unfortunately, it wasn't warm and sunny but only a few drops of rain chased us away from one location. I'm big on that "when life gives you lemons ..." quote.

We painted off Historic highway 88 near Tortilla Flats, White Tank Regional Park, took lots of reference photos at the Desert Botanical Gardens and visited galleries in Scottsdale. Fit in a nice hike and Tracy got to experience my "good natured complaining" usually reserved for my other hiking partners. Overall a great art trip.



Saguaro11x14 pastel
Painted at White Tank Mountain Regional State Park



Setting up right behind the bathrooms at the parking lot - if only we had $1 for every person that said "If I hold still will you paint me?"



While working on this painting from Highway 88 near Tortilla Flats,
Tracy noticed I had accidentally painted a smily face on one of my cactus.
We laughed hysterically. Not a bad thing to have show up in your paintings though.






Never tired of painting and drawing, I sketched this on the plane ride home.
The 8 year old girl seated next to me was impressed. I'll take it.
Off to my next adventure in Utah in a few days ...