ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 4 Arches National Park

I painted last weekend in Arches National Park. January is an awesome time to visit, there are few tourists and you just have to put up with a little cold. We went to Delicate Arch for sunset photos, hiked Devils Garden Loop and took sunrise photos at the Windows. You can fit in a lot at this place.

Partition Arch
16x20 pastel

Painting at Fisher Towers - a great rock climbing area along Route 128

View West of Fisher Towers along the Colorado River
16x20 pastel

Devils Garden Loop Trail
We accidentally ended up on a social trail (below this ridge) and traversing a snowy cliff edge. I was bitching the whole way that this had to be the wrong trail. I'm usually not right in these situations, but I was. Slick rock is bad enough without the snow and ice. 
Not all of us came down on our feet, ya know.

I love this place but don't like walking along a fin, not exactly fear of heights but fear of
falling and dying. Maybe the same thing. I did have my yaktrax's which helped a ton.
If you don't know what a yaktrax is, you are missing out.
This is Katt who has no problem walking along this terrifying-icy-ridge.