ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Week 5 - On Life Drawing

I used to draw ALL the time and I really want more time to draw. Some things I like drawing more than others. I hate life drawing. I wasn't very good at it in college, I preferred design, color and typography. I have a previous rant about the overuse of the font Papyrus and if you know what kerning is you are instantly one of my favorite people. I've found that you are good at what you love ... not what you force yourself to do. Not much of that is helping me with plein air painting though.

Anyway, I know that attending life drawing will only improve my skills, so I go sometimes. My daughter, Katt leaves in a few days for Australia. In an effort to spend as much time with her as possible we went to several life drawing classes together. My mediocre results are below.

To see some amazing figurative work, you should check out Heather Arenas - holy smokes that woman can paint people. I may gut up and take a class from her one day. See her work at
https://heatherarenas.com.

Life drawing with Cliff Austin
This is the first time in oh, 20+ years I've tried sketching people



Katt is much better than I but her sketchbooks are put away
so I don't have her sketches to show you :(