ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Week 5 - PAAC and Colorado Preservation

Several months ago Colorado Preservation asked the Plein Air Artists of Colorado to donate paintings of the endangered places they are working hard to save. We had several paint outs at some of those spots over the last few months.

I wasn't going to donate - too busy, hassle of framing stuff,  I was traveling close to the due date, which pieces should I donate ... can't I just paint everyday and not deal with selling, paperwork, taxes, etc.? As a professional procrastinator, I waited until the last day to submit and then I was up very late several nights before it was due. I have procrastination down to a science. I could teach classes on it. Except I'll never get to that.

When I got the text that said all 5 of your paintings sold, I sort of didn't believe it. I mentally bottled that magic feeling, I'm convinced it will never happen again. Also, I was standing in an ARC Thrift store with 60 wool sweaters in my cart that I'm taking home to felt and make into mittens for the Alzheimer's Association. All sweaters were $1, I was already in my happy place. So, with a portion of the proceeds going to Colorado Preservation, and a portion to me ... it's definitely a win - win.

Please check out this worthy cause - Colorado Preservation, Inc.
http://coloradopreservation.org


Fall at Four-Bar-Four
8x8 pastel


Lost Ranch
11x14 pastel
(forgot to take photo before I framed it, sorry for bad pic!)



Sky over Four-Bar-Four
9x12 pastel

Frozen River in Granby
oil 8x8

Neon Colfax I
mixed media 20x20