ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Week 6 PAAC at Chatfield - Winter Colors

I was out painting with PAAC yesterday at Chatfield State Park. This is a favorite spot just north of the gravel swim pond. I have several friends that like to paddle board, kayak and canoe here. The birds along the shore line and hidden in the marshy spots are plentiful. I had that "magical feeling" of true happiness that I talked about in a previous post. Realizing that selling work is awesome but just getting outside does it for me too. Every single day. I love being outside.
This was a 16x20 - cropped down, you can see that from the last photo in this post. I'm still working on getting those bare winter haunted looking trees painted in a way that I'd actually want to hang on my wall. Maybe when the leaves come back out ... spring fever has hit, sigh.

Winter Colors
11x14 pastel

Artists scattered around doing their jobs

Artists gathered around talking about their jobs

My spot!