ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 7 - PAAC on Broadway or Will I Ever Figure Out Parking?

Last week PAAC met on Broadway to paint some buildings. We had a nice group of artists, but we were scattered around. I decided to stop right there on 1st and broadway and paint the Punchbowl Social. I liked all the colorful shapes around the building and I was also pretty darn proud of myself for the prime metered parking spot right in front of me.
When the meter ticket guy drove by at a quarter after 10 and mentioned to me that I could move my car just around the corner for a great 2 hour parking spot, I cheerfully said - no thanks, this spot is fine! Hmm, that didn't make sense, why would he mention a different 2 hour spot?
Think, Lisa.
I stared at the meter for an embarrassing amount of time then realized it was a 30 minute meter. Will I ever get this damn parking thing figured out? If it's not the meter reader, it's a huge bug, a moose, wild sheep or rain chasing me from my easel. All in a day's work.


Broadway and 1st
12x18 pastel

Debby McAllister in an appropriate 2 hour parking spot
right behind me

The perfect spot - I thought