ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 8 Waterton Canyon and Goals

I'm freaked out that tomorrow is March 1st and I'm still working on my goals for 2017. Like the goals I wanted in writing by January 1st - laminated on paper - preferable on a colored sheet of paper with decorated titles. Cute check boxes ... you know. That's the way things work in my head.
In reality the goals live in random piles on lined paper, on 2 different computers,  an iPad, a phone and crumpled notes in the bottom of my purse. In case anyone thought I had my shit together I just wanted to straighten you out. My website that says "under construction" would have been your first clue. Gonna try and fix that up this weekend.

Anyhoo, this painting just surfaced in my studio and I did it about 2 weeks ago. My friend Anita and I walked up Waterton Canyon to paint. It was really windy but if you persevere (and paint with more experienced painters) you can find that corner where the wind is almost temporarily blocked. Until it gusts again, anyway. I got one painting done and no pastels died.

My favorite things in the world are walking and talking with a friend and painting. Oh, and chocolate. So, I'm gonna keep plugging away and those goals can always roll over to 2018 I guess.

PS - I did get "instagram training" from my lovely daughter so you can now find me at @lisahutart

Windy Waterton Canyon
9x12 pastel

Holding on tight during wind gusts so
these expensive pastels won't shatter to the ground.

Anita brought her watercolors and knocked out a great painting
Check out her work at anitawinter.com
@anitawinter.art on instagram