ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 9 Audubon Center at Chatfield

I may be a week behind and I'm pretty sure that is never going to change. I will try to stop complaining about it. The goal this year is to post 52 weeks, so I may end up behind here and there but surely I can post 52 times, right?
So, PAAC painted last Tuesday at the Audubon Center at Chatfield. Sometimes I think - ugh - those trees are still gray and bare and the grass is still brown, what in the world am I going to paint? Then you get out there and slow down and look. The vibrant rust and yellow grasses against the blue of the water just vibrated. It made me want to paint all day. I ended up doing some abstracted oils of the shoreline and only forgot paper towels. It's always something.


Wind and Water 5x7 oil



Shoreline 5x7 oil


 Look closely - deep rich color!


Untitled and may get painted over as I did 4 small ones