ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Week 16 Unnamed Roads in Utah

It's rainy at home this morning which is fine, since I'll be in the studio all day. I just returned from painting in beautiful Utah last week.

This trip, my painting buddies were Anita Winter and Deborah McAllister. Traveling with a couple other artists is the best. All we want to do is paint, and then paint more. After a couple days painting in Zion National Park we were driving around looking for a good painting spot, the conversation is kind of like ... "yeah, I could paint here" .. or "this would work" ... in a "well maybe" tone of voice. indecisive. ho hum. Then when you find the spot everybody starts yelling "HERE ... stop HERE, TURN here", or "can we go up that 4 wheel drive road"?
No, we can't.
So we parked and walked and then I realized I picked the wrong day to wear capri pants as I danced through the cactus. We laughed a lot on this trip - usually at ourselves. Having a sense of humor is key in my life.

For the next traveling artist out there - this spot was on top of a hill above the virgin river just east of La Verkin Overlook Road off of highway 9. It's on an unnamed road that dead ends at a dam. Good luck - hope you make it back.


Bucket Cactus 8x10 oil

Painting cactus in bloom has been on my bucket list - hence the name
Don't think there is such a thing as a bucket cactus

I also painted the view ... future post