ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 17 Zion National Park

I'm finally getting around to posting from my recent trip to Zion NP. I painted nonstop for 3 days with 2 painting buddies in perfect weather. No complaints.
This was painted early in the morning after driving into the park and seeing cowboys driving horses up to the lodge, wild turkeys wandering around, then a deer crossed the road. I thought I was in a Disney movie.

8x8 Big Bend
We painted this view several times right at the Big Bend shuttle stop
(apologies for the glare)

I felt like this - with the birds chirping, turkeys gobbling and I swear
a butterfly almost landed on me several times

One afternoon Debby came up with a fun challenge - each of us painting a connecting section
of the view. The goal was looking at them side by side (anticipating 3 amazing paintings)
with different artistic interpretations. Sweet! So, the end result may not have been
masterpieces but we had fun trying.

Cowboys taking horses up to Zion Lodge

A cowboy watering his horse from his hat



... while driving along I70. Some lucky person is receiving a fantastic sculpture

The wild animal count was high and unusual on this trip to include sheep, horses, turkeys, wild donkeys, 3 fat pigs and a squirrel with 2 big nuts. I'll stop there.

The aftermath in my car - not so neat as when we started
Have a beautiful day and get outside everybody.