ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Week 19 Is it Art?

I've had lots of fun conversations with my friends regarding art lately. Illustration vs. fine art or craft vs. art? Even talent vs. training. What makes good art and always ... what sells and why?
Coming from a graphic design career I had no idea that there was a bias towards "illustration" not viewed as fine art, or that there was even a difference. It was all art to me.

The thing is, I've always done all forms of art. Rug hooking, quilting, paper crafts, scrapbooking, (I'm still dying to try stained glass) card making and spent many years with giant rolls of craft paper decorating elementary school doors and hallways for holiday events. It was still art.

Check out this amazing person, Simon Beck here I so very much want to do this.
Or this one that I admire, Liza Lou who beaded a whole kitchen here.
Finally, didn't you just love your Etch a sketch as a kid? I did here.

So I enjoyed spending hours making this beaded palette and yes, it's pretty blingy. Like super, duper blingy. But I like shiny things and hopefully someone else will too. For sale at the Alzheimer's Association Art Auction. See my last post for the numerous links I embedded here.

Peonies I
Beaded artist wooden palette



Here is a diagram of some origami toilet paper designs you can work on at home
... if you feel inspired.