ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, May 26, 2017

Week 20 Christmas in May?

We did have a blizzard about a week ago, it melted fast of course. I'm framing, matting and pricing artwork for the ASLD Summer Art Market in June. I found this painting in a pile - I have lots of piles and it's always fun to rediscover a painting. This was done in the Highlands neighborhood with PAAC last December, about a week before Christmas. It was on Lowell near 31st street.
There is a Christmas wreath on one of the doorways and a cute fluffy black & white dog that was lounging on the front stoop. It was a really pretty day and I wanted to go play with the dog.

So, onto the art fair - it's the only one I'm doing this year; June 10th and June 11th, 10 am to 5 pm (come early; I'll be there by 9 am) and get a head start on parking and shopping. With 265 local artists - it's a fantastic fair to see really great art.

I haven't counted yet but I'm anticipating at least a couple hundred paintings - half of which will become "bin art" meaning it's deeply discounted. Mostly because they are small studies, older works or just because I really don't want this much of my own art hanging out in my house. I'm a prolific painter and this art needs to go live somewhere.
My website is mostly functional (no paypal buttons yet, but soon) and I'm now posting daily on Instagram rather than my blog. Go check out the art there - less wordy.

www.lisahut.com
@lisahutart

Thanks for following and I hope you stop by to say hi at the Summer Art Market!

The Highlands in Winter
8x10 pastel

Lisa Hut
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi