ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, January 15, 2018

2018 Resolutions Galore

I've neglected the blog friends here are highlights of the last several months.

I had a busy holiday season and the best part was my son graduated from college in December. Yay! He's staying in Iowa and I have my first trip planned for February. Iowa - brrr.
After returning from a fabulously fun 3 week painting road trip in October, I started sewing mittens for the Alzheimer's Association, you can read about that here.
Thanksgiving was spent in Kansas City with both kids, quick trip but nice.

I spent the day in my studio yesterday and found all my paintings from the last 4 months (and several road trips) stacked in piles. I've updated my website recently and hope to start uploading more of those hundreds of paintings I've done over the last two years. I'm posting often on Instagram and you can find me here.

Colorado Preservation Inc. has again invited the PAAC artists to submit paintings of endangered sites around Colorado. This is my interpretation of the neon signs on Colfax (on their save list).

Colorful Colfax 11x14 oil
For sale at the Saving Places Conference in Denver January 31st - Feb 3rd

A few of my New Year Resolutions: Clean art room, paint, sew mittens, sew wool blankets, eat right, exercise, be happy, go camping more, stop overbooking yourself, research artist in residence programs, do rug hooking, get healthy, stop stressing, do art everyday, figure out how to do my retail taxes without spending mega hours on it, go to the mountains, blog every week, travel, sign up for plein air events, keep your messy car clean, stop losing food in the car, get outside everyday, spend more time with family, create world peace  .... OK, most of that won't happen so let's just say BALANCE is my resolution. Do a little bit of everything I love and accept that it all won't get done. Happy New Year!

Found: a can of Rotel tomatoes has been in this box since my October road trip, along
with my oil paints and a random jar of Oregano. Thank goodness it wasn't oh ...
a piece of fruit or a turkey sandwich.

Clean art room.