ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, February 8, 2018

5 am Motivational Chatter

Morning folks! I was happy to submit art again this year to Colorado Preservation Inc.'s Saving Places Conference. I sold these two paintings and it's great to have a portion of the proceeds go to this worthy cause. Read here about the places they are saving.


Cline Ranch 11x14 pastel



Colorful Colfax 11x14 oil

When we dropped off our art, I followed my buddy Debby McAllister down the street. I've mentioned before that we blend in downtown wearing our paint spattered old clothes - but Debby upped the anti by dragging a 1970's vintage suitcase along with her. These hard sided suitcases are a great way to protect & transport paintings.

All those people on the train - as we waited to cross the tracks - thought we were homeless at 7 am dragging a very old suitcase down 14th street. Little did they know she was dragging a suitcase full of beautiful art worth a couple thousand dollars. Judge not, right?

 

I woke up early today (as usual) and instead of grabbing my phone my hand landed on my fitbit - I pushed the button hoping to see the time and if I should get up or try to sleep a little longer.
Good Morning LISA! it flashed.
Then, Up & At 'Em! It's gonna be a great day! MOVE more! ... and I kept hitting the button, hoping to see if I could go back to sleep. And it went on and on ....

Apparently, this is called "motivational chatter" that starts off each morning that I put the tracker on. I usually ignore it but today, I've decided to turn my critical inner voice off, listen to my Fitbit and have a Good Morning and have a GREAT day. Hope you do too.