ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, June 3, 2018

It's Not all Fun & Games

I just finished painting in the Littleton Plein Air Festival on Friday. My first location was at Creek Side Gardens. 3 of us set up on their property before they opened (morning light and all) and when they arrived they graciously let us stay and paint their beautiful flowers. Thanks so very much Holly.
I was in a great shady spot under a tree, next to a mud puddle. The birds were chirping and splashing about in the puddle and life seemed perfect. A blank canvas in front of me. All day to paint. After I was about halfway through my painting a worm dropped down on me from the tree. Really larvae, but let's say worm, it sounds slightly less gross. Over the next hour I slowly realized they were everywhere, dropping in my pastel box (where they eerily disappeared into the foam), floating in my watercolors and all over me.
The birds were not splashing happily in the mud puddle, they were eating breakfast. I rolled my sleeves down, turned my collar up on my shirt, finished that painting and then got the hell away from that tree. So, it's not ALL fun and games - but it is really fun work.

Come see me at ASLD Summer Art Market this weekend Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10-5 (I'll be there by 9am both days). Along with my paintings I'm selling hand painted cards and some of my sketchbook pages so my work is priced from $10 and up. I'm very motivated to make space for more art and prices are very affordable.

Also, I've decided to set up my easel and paint during the market so come check it out! Booth #38 on 3rd just east of Grant Street.


Hudson Gardens Yellow Iris
9x12 pastel

Hot Spot
9x12 pastel
Thank you so much to Juror, Lorenzo Chavez for a First Place Award for this painting.

 
Hudson Flags
pastel 16x20

My first painting at Creek Side Gardens
pastel 9x12
AHH I just noticed there is a fly on my painting! How could I not have noticed? I don't have time to reshoot it now - Ick!!

Buckets of color
pastel 9x12