ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Plein Air at the Mansion

Last week I found 3 more owlets that had recently fledged close by. I live near the Highline Canal and have a fair amount of trees and fields around me. I see a lot of rabbits, snakes, prairie dogs and coyotes. Also, I'm seeing a lot of hawks and owls ... with dinner. Normally, I'm pretty queasy about witnessing "the circle of life" but I am rooting for these gorgeous birds. The red tailed hawks are having a feast - I saw one earlier this week with a prairie dog and then one yesterday with a snake. It's carnage in the Ranch these days, I'll spare you the pictures.

So, back to art ... these sketches were done of the community garden at Wind Crest. I'm donating them for their silent auction to raise funds for the Alzheimer's Association - along with a larger oil painting of aspen trees.

Upcoming events include camping and plein air painting over the next few weeks, then helping paint an artistic crosswalk in downtown Grand Lake (July 16th and 17th) and then I'll be participating in the Plein Air at the Mansion in Highlands Ranch on July 21st. A full month of art.

Plein Air at the Mansion
July 21st from 10 am - 3 pm. There will be 10 artists painting all around the beautiful grounds. Free to attend so please come out and say hello, enjoy the flower gardens and tour the mansion if you like. Food and drinks for sale. I'll have a limited number of paintings and sketches for sale and a portion of any art sales benefits this historic spot. Additional info here.

One lone sunflower towers above the rest in the garden
The Tall One


Community garden at Wind Crest


A Bright Spot regardless of the heat

The Garden is lovingly cared for

Thanks for reading and stay cool friends!