ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, August 23, 2018

And Then a Bear Walked By

Last week I went camping in Glacier National Park with my husband and daughter. We didn't get to see the beautiful peaks due to wildfire smoke; and Going-to-the-Sun road was closed ... which blew my hubby's plans for a long bike ride. The good news; the fresh picked cherries were amazing along flathead lake, we found camping in the park (well yeah, there were evacuations just north of us on Lake McDonald) and we saw 3 grizzly and 2 black bears. Then we headed down to Bozeman for more camping and painting. Our little camper "RV Gogh" has been great and gets me to more
places to paint.

This pastel was done near the Many Glacier Hotel on the east side of the park. I was set up above swift current creek and really had to battle the wind for a couple of hours. The smoke obscured the mountains yet made it very atmospheric (glass half full ya know). My reward was watching a black bear amble along the road across from me (way far away), just below all the people stopping at the overlook. They didn't see him which made me wonder what I wasn't seeing ... and that painting alone in Glacier was probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. (Ed and Katt were off hiking). I wasn't that far down the trail, but had not seen another hiker for over an hour so yep, time to head back to the car.


Swift Current Falls - Glacier National Park

I have a BIG idea for September - can't wait to show you!

Where to currently see my art ...

The Great Frame Up - Littleton
8176 Bowles Ave. Littleton, CO
Please stop by during business hours to see 4 pieces hanging along with a selection of matted plein air pastels. I have over a dozen sketches and hand painted cards available. Thanks to the new owner, Melissa McKinney for showing my work.

Framed Image
5066 E. Hampden Ave.
I will have one painting hanging in this show "Cafe Scene" from August 30 - November 1st.

November Open House - Save the Date
I am having a huge mitten sale (fundraiser for Alzheimer's) and showing my art on November 9th & 10th. I will send more info on location and hours as it gets closer.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!