ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

30 in 30 Day 12: Somewhere Pretty

The art studio is a mess and I'm feeling a little out of control. There are piles of paintings and wool everywhere. I've spread out into the basement sitting area (that always happens), the dining room table is covered in paintings, the table by the front door has 75 pair of finished wool mittens and I force myself to clear off the kitchen counter each afternoon because as soon as the family members that have 9-5 jobs leave for work - I immediately take up the kitchen counter with my computer, to do lists, etc. I have a desk but it's buried in art supplies. There is no room on my desk for my computer. Time to clean.

Continuing the theme of "barely having my act together" I did this watercolor earlier this summer. I used to remember every painting. Part of why it's so great to paint plein air; the art brings you right back to that spot. Except for this one. I know I did it recently. I sort of remember. There were paintbrush blooming. I remember making up the purple flowers for some color. It was in Colorado, while camping. Maybe.
Maybe it was Utah?  Montana? Hmmm. I'm sure it will come to me. Regardless, I thought these teal mittens looked good with the evergreens (hmm, it had to be Colorado?) with a fun striped green and teal wool on the palms.

Somewhere Pretty
5x7 watercolor and 1 pair handmade wool mittens
Sold



I am painting 30 paintings in 30 days for the month of September '18. I'm using my mittens to inspire my paintings and vice versa. I'll post the matched art & mittens on this blog, instagram and FB each day. I'm donating 50% of sales to the Alzheimer's Association. Please send an email to purchase.

@lishutart on instagram
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi