ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, September 21, 2018

30 in 30 Day 21: September Leaves

Yesterday, my buddy Robyn and I headed out to paint and the weather said it was supposed to be in the 70's. As I transferred art gear from my car to hers - I looked at the "winter backpack" that contains all the winter essentials; rain coat, hat, gloves, extra hat, hand warmers. I thought well ... It's supposed to be in the 70's ... I don't need that stuff.

Yep, it was cloudy, in the low 50's and we both were pretty cold after a short time. The sun peaked through occasionally just to taunt us, then a freezing wind would rip away that second of warmth. It's not uncommon to get snow anytime of the year up high in the mountains. We both know better.

Come to think of it, this is the same friend I hiked with in July and was rained and hailed on for the whole descent of the hike. That hurt. I think I had a raincoat that time (maybe??) but from now let's try and remind each other to bring the winter gear. Check out Robyn's beautiful work here.

September Leaves
5x7 pen and ink watercolor and 1 pair handmade wool mittens
$35




I am painting 30 paintings in 30 days for the month of September '18. I'm using my mittens to inspire my paintings and vice versa. I'm donating 50% of sales to the Alzheimer's Association.
You can swap out a different pair of mittens if you see a painting you like.
I try to match colors on my screen that are representative of the art - if you get a painting and the color is not what you expected please contact me. I only want happy art collectors!
Email to purchase.

@lishutart on instagram
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi