ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, September 9, 2018

30 in 30 Day 9: Montana Cherries

This pastel was done on a camping trip to Montana 2 years ago. One of my favorite memories was driving through Polson during the cherry festival and buying cherries at stands all along the east side of flathead lake. We ate a lot of cherries. In August, we drove back for the cherries and camping in Glacier National Park. Sadly, the Howe Ridge Fire started the day we arrived in Glacier and several historic buildings were destroyed. We still camped for a couple days along side Lake McDonald before heading to Bozeman. It seems we've been dodging a lot of wildfires this year.

So, I have been painting everyday but this pastel really belonged with these red mittens!

Montana Cherries
9x12 pastel and 1 pair wool mittens
sold




I am painting 30 paintings in 30 days for the month of September '18. I'm using my mittens to inspire my paintings and vice versa. I'll post the matched art & mittens on this blog, instagram and FB each day. I'm donating 50% of sales to the Alzheimer's Association. Please send an email to purchase.

@lishutart on instagram
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi