ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, August 12, 2019

Long Road Trip: Signs and The Down Side

I love driving through small towns and seeing old signs. Occasionally, it's a new sign made to look old but easy to tell the difference; the old ones are actually falling apart.

The Blue & White Motel in Kalispell, MT

Rainbow Bar - somewhere in Montana

On another note, several of my friends have expressed envy over my road trip. Below are a few highlights to make you appreciate your spacious home. Note: I am either freezing (like in Frozen), or burning up (Jack, Jack from the Incredibles) as illustrated below. Likely has nothing to do with camping but just thought I'd mention it.



- People are nice everywhere; except for the guy who flipped us off last week for driving too slow.

- A squirrel vomited on my picnic table, Berries-in-Goo, A la carte.

- I saw a mouse, that always ruins my day.

- Then I saw a dead bird. This was the first day I wanted to go home.

- You can't mind when leaves and pine needles keep falling in your food when cooking outdoors.

- Once, an ant crawled out from my salad, I flicked him away and kept eating. Really.

- I'm getting a little tired of dump stations - they are gross.

- I finally know the difference between potable and non-potable water.
  You don't want to mix those up.

- I Kayaked for a whole 10 minutes and have a blister on my thumb the size of a quarter. Weak.

- A bag of flour exploded in the camper.

- I baked chocolate chip cookies in the camper oven.
  It took 3 hours because I could only bake 4 cookies at a time.

- I just battled 2 wasps in the camper. Roadkill, don't even want to talk about it.

Overall a great trip, still have a couple weeks to go. You just can't let the little things get you down.