ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, August 5, 2019

Long Road Trip: A surprising Twisp!

Today's Twist in Twisp. Say that 10 times. It all started with a sign in Winthrop, WA that said "RV Parking". So we parked, had lunch along the river and wandered up to town. It was a cute town and I found handmade wool rugs from a local artist (Katie Swanson) made from Pendleton wool selvages. My heart was beating a mile a minute. Hand woven wool rugs. Reasonable prices. I now own a new rug. She told us all about Twisp, another town down the road. In between there was a pretty campground right along the river so we stopped ... and stayed for 4 days.

Meriwether was in heaven, doing all the things we came for. Biking, fly fishing, SUP and Kayaking.
 He got a ride from a fellow camper that dropped him off a few miles up the road so he could float back to our camp spot. Camping along the Methow River was perfect.

He needed longer than the record breaking 15 minutes I spent out on the water with him. I got a blister on my thumb, so ya know ... back to painting I go. The next day I dropped him off 8 miles up the road on the SUP for a 3 hour adventure.

I painted, blogged and hung out by the river. Even had time to break out the acrylics that I brought and do a little experimental art.

WIP, inspired by the ferns and greenery of the Northwest
I started this one with stencils and will finish when I get home
Acrylic on canvas

There was a Brewery ... enough said

A view from across the river
pen and ink watercolor

Great camp and painting spot

We also drove up to Sunshine Mountain Lodge - I'm keeping a list of beautiful
lodges to visit one day and this spot makes the list