ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 105 Seeing Ellipses

I walked this morning with a friend along the Highline Canal, it's always a pretty walk. The trees are blooming brightly; there are horses, barns, various farm animals, mountain views ... you couldn't ask for much more.
Now that I'm painting everything, it's amazing how differently I see things. Just by taking the time to look has made all the difference. You'd think I'd never see a crab apple tree before. Well, I hadn't - not like this. Because I stopped seeing flowers and all I saw were ellipses and shadows and shapes.
It seemed like a little bit of a break through because I automatically started thinking that way instead of trying to think that way. Now to get the painting part down ...
Seeing Ellipses
8x10 pastel
sold