ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 147 French Mini

This small pastel was done in France in 2012. It was raining out and I was itching to paint, so I sat down with my pastels and looked out the window of our hotel. It was a very tiny window, no screen with a clear view, and I was careful to not get pastel dust on the rug. I love the stone buildings on the hillsides with their terra cotta roofs. Then, I tucked the painting away for a few years. I did some cropping (it was initially 11x14ish) and now I like the composition much more. If a composition isn't working I'm glad I can change it by picking out a section that I like and creating a mini painting.

French Mini
9x9 pastel
sold