ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 183 Rose Colored Glasses

I think my last post said something silly like I was embracing my crazy life. Not so much now. I'm in the middle of a move and there were some complications. My new studio is not set up, my old studio is a mess and I just couldn't paint. Sometimes things don't go as planned. I could have squeezed out an hour here and there but I certainly couldn't find the joy in it - and who wants to see non-joyful paintings?

I painted most of today and it felt good to get back to the easel. I planned to paint plein air but it was a gray rainy day. I have these great wildflowers blooming - and the pink skyrocket and wild roses really stood out. So even though it was gray out I chose to see things today through rose colored glasses. I'm going for a hike in the morning, I wonder what I will see to paint?

Rose Colored Glasses
11x14 oil