ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 190 Bear's Lodge

I started out this morning dropping my husband off close to the South Dakota and Wyoming border for a 50 mile bike ride while I headed to Devils Tower to paint. I much prefer "Bear's Lodge" named by the Cheyenne Indians. It's a sacred place for native americans and here's some interesting history and facts.
https://www.nps.gov/deto/learn/historyculture/sacredsite.htm
Somehow, I manage to find secluded spots to paint even at popular tourist destinations. Last year at the Grand Canyon I found all kinds of places along the rim to paint, tucked into corners or behind trees. I thought there would be nowhere here, then I decided to turn down a road near the top and had my own little private parking lot by a hiking trail. I saw only a handful of people, had a couple nice conversations and the morning went by way too fast.

Bear's Lodge
5x7 oil


Not a bad spot to set up at all!