ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 193 Unexpected Change

While driving to Missoula today we saw a sign that said "Garnet Ghost Town" and decided to check it out. It took us all afternoon, we ended up getting to Missoula many hours later than planned but it was worth it. I'm a planner, this is not my preferred method of travel. Change is hard, but I'm forcing myself to embrace it.

Garnet is a very cool ghost town with 30+ buildings and (just for me) a field of purple flowers in the dead center of it. We hauled my gear from the car, I quickly set up ... then it started hailing.
Change. So, I had to duck under the roof of the "Newlywed House" and paint what I saw from there. Change of view.

Side note - one thing I love about Facebook is following the art from artists I admire, paint with and learn from. I was inspired to paint the path because an artist friend posted a really nice plein air  painting with a path in it. Check out her work at http://barrettedwards.com.

And go embrace the changes in your life whether you want to or not!

Unexpected Change
8x8 oil on linen