ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day 259 Campground Host

On camping last weekend ... I was pretty happy for our last chance spot in the Canyonlands. Not normally a place that we would have picked but it worked out just fine. No trees, and only one small bush next to our fire pit with a big hole near it. And a lizard that lived in it.
This guy was waiting for us, he watched me unpack. I called him Henry. It's less scary when you have a name, right? All I could think was if this dude ends up in my sleeping bag I will scream as I've never screamed before. We made a deal that I would tolerate him hanging out, and darting around constantly as long as he did not enter the tent.
I got used to him (and several of his friends) and painted this little bush along with the hole that our smallest "campground host" lived in.
If I think about it too long I can't believe I didn't sleep in the car. Did I mention the sign on the bathroom door asking to keep the doors shut to keep out the snakes and mice? Now that I wrote all that and think more about it, I may never camp again.

Campground Host
pastel 5x7