ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, January 27, 2017

Week 3 - PAAC at Hildebrand Ranch

Last week painting with PAAC at Hildebrand Ranch. My daughter Katt, came along to experience a little plein air painting. She's also an artist with loads of talent and currently in college studying to be an architect. I thought I'd introduce her to plein air painting. Unfortunately, she was working in watercolors and it was hovering around 20 degrees out. Apply basic science here and you can probably figure out how this ends.

My painting of the barn and snowy path
(pastels don't freeze)

Debby Mcallister and Anita Winter
(oils don't freeze)

Debby McAllister our fearless leader
(dressed warmly and not frozen)

I love painter dogs!
(dogs have fur and don't freeze)

What a trooper for listening to her mom and trying to paint in conditions that absolutely won't work in watercolor. And, she's like, where is the architecture for me to draw?
(Watercolors freeze)

Stay tuned for our next adventure in life drawing with Cliff Austin.