ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Week 8 Florida Plein Air

I was lucky enough to travel to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and the Florida Keys last week to paint. I had great weather the first 2 days and even managed to paint all day while stuck in a hotel during rain on day 3. I've never been to Miami and loved the art deco district and neat vibe of South Beach. I could paint those buildings all day. What a great problem to have, paint the buildings, or paint the beach? Lots of photos to paint from now that I'm back home in snowy Colorado. Or I might be on to my next adventure. I have lots planned for 2017.

South Beach, Miami - it feels electric here
Cool Vibe 8x10 pastel

Even on the day we flew home my husband found time to get me to a painting spot
in the morning! A work trip for us both but my work is definitely way more fun.
North Beach at Bayshore Drive 9x12 pastel

A beautiful drive through the Florida Keys.
We stopped for a quick plein air painting on Sombrero Beach 
Marathon, FL pastel 9x12

Palms through the hotel window
It's still beautiful even when it rains.
Ft. Lauderdale Palms 9x12 pastel


Even the lifeguard shacks are artistic on South Beach.
Art really is everywhere.
14th Street Shack 9x12 pastel

I believe every one has a "story" and I like to waste time people watching and wondering what their story is. These 3 guys (in work clothes) huddled under the lone umbrella in a sea of sun at lunchtime.
No Sun for Us
8x10 pastel with watercolor underpainting

Because I can't stick to one medium I painted this while it rained. OK, In real life it was
a bit grayer out - but I like to pretend the world is a colorful place.
Colorful Rain 9x12 watercolor