ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

One Paper Cut

Thanks to everyone that came to see me at the Summer Art Market last weekend, your purchases are keeping me in paint and pastels!! It was miserably sorta hot out but I had a great time with steady sales and talking to shoppers. I'm sure there was more than one person trying to escape my booth as I chatted away. I think some research study came out a decade ago that says women talk 3x more words than men in an average day; my husband would say that's an understatement.

I missed attending the Alzheimer's Art Auction on Saturday night, my energy level was at an all time low (must have been all that talking) and I didn't want to leave my booth early to fit in both events. My large aspen painting that I donated went to a previous collector and it's so nice to know that it's gone to a great home. I was very tempted to keep it.

I invited at least 20 different people to come join me with Plein Air Artists of Colorado since I find so much joy in being outside and painting. We live in such a beautiful state, hope some new folks come on out and paint with us. My husband was super helpful as always - it's a lot of work hauling all that art down and setting it up. Oh, and the ice cream booth was mere yards away to combat the heat.

The only downfall was one paper cut.

That's a really good weekend.


I painted in front of my booth on Sunday morning before it got too busy
Swirly Cactus pastel 8x10

Katt played her ukulele in my booth part of the time so we had art and music!


Many, many plein air pastels from the last 2 years
Certainly makes me grateful for all the traveling I am able to do

Oils and Acrylics on the other side
I sold the 36" x 36" owl painting on the back wall
Very happy someone loved my painting and the story behind it