ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, September 14, 2018

30 in 30 Day 14: Universe Aligns

I want to tell you a story about a recent "acquisition" of wool sweaters for my mittens. It's long, I'm sorry. It has a happy ending.

Last month, A friend forwarded me an ad from a guy who advertised 450 wool sweaters for sale. He & his wife were moving to a warmer climate, need to sell! First reaction: I don't need more wool sweaters, they are probably not really 100% wool, or full of moth holes. I have plenty of sweaters already. I have no room in my house. Sigh. You know what happens.
I lost a little sleep that night then called the next morning.
After a few texts and emails, I made plans to meet a strange man at a storage unit to look at them ... and left a trail of digital breadcrumbs for a girlfriend to find me, just in case. Because no one should meet strange men at storage units.

As it turns out - he and his wife showed up, they loved how I'm upcycling the sweaters for the Alzheimer's Association and even offered to donate them. Which was heartfelt and amazing. He was a talented woodworker (showed me some great photos on his phone) and she had recently lost a loved one to dementia. We connected. It's rare for me to feel like something was meant to be - but the universe was aligned that day.

I spent an hour or so going through the 25+ large boxes and filled my car. All the way. Then I paid them anyway, because it would have felt like stealing otherwise. I drove home giddy and had a great time sorting, washing and felting all those sweaters. Then I told my husband what I did. See, happy ending.

If any of you see an ad for hundreds of sweaters, do not call me, because I have no will power.

Aspen Hillside
5x7 pastel and 1 pair handmade wool mittens
Sold




I am painting 30 paintings in 30 days for the month of September '18. I'm using my mittens to inspire my paintings and vice versa. I'll post the matched art & mittens on this blog, instagram and FB each day. I'm donating 50% of sales to the Alzheimer's Association.

You can swap out the mittens for a different pair if you see a painting you like.
Please send an email to purchase.

@lishutart on instagram
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi