ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, September 15, 2018

30 in 30 Day 15: Fred's Shed

We have a wood burning stove as our main heat source at our cabin. Having plenty of firewood for the winter is a must. Splitting and stacking firewood was the big project for the weekend. I really miss my son who used to do this job with my husband. OK, I miss him anyway ... but admit I miss his strength and how he used to carry all my groceries in the house in one trip.
When he was in high school, no matter how much I spent on groceries he would run outside to unload the car and carry every single bag in, in one load.
I admit, I spent only a couple of hours helping stack the wood pile. I needed to paint this morning and then had an afternoon meeting. My daughter had to step up and help the hubs and now we have enough wood for at least 2 seasons. The woodshed is especially cozy for Fred - the squirrel we named - that has one million pine cones stored ... along with the mushroom stash and a huge nest this year. I live in fear that I'm going to open that shed door one day and a bear or raccoon will jump out at me. Back to the art.

This pastel painting was done plein air at my neighbors house last weekend. The grove is the first to turn every year and I'm glad I made it down there a couple times to capture the color change. On the other side of the road there are aspen peaking and up the road some that will be great next weekend still.

First Turners
16 x 20 pastel and 1 pair handmade wool mittens
$350




I didn't have the right easel attachment for a 16 x 20 board so the ground it is.
My feet hurt anyway so sitting was fine this time around.

I am painting 30 paintings in 30 days for the month of September '18. I'm using my mittens to inspire my paintings and vice versa. I'm donating 50% of sales to the Alzheimer's Association.
You can swap out a different pair of mittens if you see a painting you like.
I try to match colors on my screen that are representative of the art - if you get a painting and the color is not what you expected please contact me. I only want happy art collectors!
Email to purchase.

@lishutart on instagram
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi