ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, September 7, 2018

30 in 30 Day 7: Horse Poo

I was very lucky this week to receive permission and paint on Lininger Ranch just outside Frasier, Colorado. I got an invite from a local artist (thanks, Marie!) and had a fantastic tour of the property from the current owner. It was so nice to hear Ann tell us about her grandfather purchasing the ranch in 1911, touring some of the historic buildings and listening to her wonderful stories of her family.

After the tour, we got our gear and wandered into a pasture with stunning views of the Fraser River, Byers Peak, and historic buildings. There were so many places to paint, I went back today and did this one of a couple of old fishing cabins built along the river by her grandfather. I could paint from my photos - scenes from this ranch - for the rest of the month.

I crossed barbed wire a handful of times (not quite as nimble as I used to be), sunk in mud and stood in horse poo. It was a great day.

Lininger Fishing Cabins
9x12 pastel and 1 pair mittens
These Mittens are sold - choice on a different pair mittens if you purchase this painting
$150



I am painting 30 paintings in 30 days for the month of September '18. I'm using my mittens to inspire my paintings and vice versa. I'll post the matched art & mittens on this blog, instagram and FB each day. I'm donating 50% of sales to the Alzheimer's Association. Please send an email to purchase.

@lishutart on instagram
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi