ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, February 19, 2016

Day 50 Snow on the Hill

Today I headed to Boulder to paint with my friend Lamya Deeb and braved the dreaded wind. Plein air painters can withstand cold, rain, traffic, bugs, tourists, heat, you name it ... but the WIND will send your stuff and you back to the car like a tumbleweed. Never one to give up, we tucked ourselves against a wall in Chautauqua Park and the wind did die down after the first hour or so. We painted looking south towards the flatirons and I captured this house on the hill with a touch of snow and the grasses blowing every which way in the wind. Maybe my painting turned out today because a ladybug visited my pastel box. Read about Chautauqua Park history (so interesting) and check out Lamya's beautiful work on her website or Daily Paintworks. http://www.lamyadeeb.com
Snow on the Hill
9x12 pastel