ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 12 Back to Snow Country & Wynetka Ponds Park

I really enjoyed painting in this spot at the Bowen Baker trailhead in Rocky Mountain National Park last week.
Until I sunk in the snow. One would think I would have remembered snow shoes. I figured I'd stay close to the car. Then, I saw a view on top of a crusty 4 foot pile of snow. Had to go. I felt the warm sun on my back, I knew what was going to happen.
The length of my leg is about 29". I measured. I sunk about 29" every 5th or 6th step. It was awkward. Wedged in, you could say. Friends had to help me out at one point. I made it back to the parking lot and like all good plein air painters, painted another one.


This is the hopeful stage - a quick watercolor underpainting, the sun is shining, life is good
(note there is no other photo of this completed painting)


I have a new smaller plein air setup for my pastels


This one done safely from the parking lot next to the car


Painted with PAAC at Wynetka Pond Park last week
That lovely house on Bowles just west of Lowell with barns, chickens and interesting fences