ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 13 Civic Center Park

I ventured to Civic Center Park on Sunday to paint the capital building with Anita Winter. Good thing because it's snowing like crazy today when PAAC was supposed to go. I painted here last spring and thought of all the different paintings I might do. After wandering around I found myself back in the same spot as last year. What's up with that?

The best part about painting with friends is there is always at least one good laugh in there.
The highlight of this particular painting session was when one homeless chap stood behind us for a few minutes and stated "I like the one on the left." As I was standing on the right - it took all I could to not burst out laughing. OK, I can certainly live with that as Anita really is a better painter than I.

Civic Center Park III - 8x10 pastel

I really wanted the painting to be about the trees so I ruthlessly
cut off the top of the capital building on this one so that gold
dome would not steal the show
Those Trees at Civic Center 11x14 pastel

Directly behind me was a bed of yellow tulips in full bloom
Tulips in Civic Center Park 8x10 pastel

There is Anita painting - on my left