ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 18 Paintings with a Mind of Their Own

This was painted as a donation for the Alzheimer's Association Art Auction on June 10th. It's a great fundraiser with lots of amazing art for sale, you can read about it here. I was inspired by this sweet, bright, bold (and purple, my favorite) abstract painting by a participant in our MIM art classes, which you can read about here. I'll try not to blather on about how amazing this art program is - you've probably already heard it before from me on my website here.

Can you tell I've mastered a new skill ... links?

Anyway, I intended to paint an abstract but something about that painting made me think of my trip to the Matazanas Creek Winery last year. It's in Santa Rosa, CA and they also grow lavender. I spent one wonderful afternoon painting in their field here. So, sometimes a painting leads you in a completely different direction. One of the reasons I love abstracted art is that it can mean so many things to different people. This one grabbed a hold of me and screamed lavender. Not kidding.

By the way, other generous artists donating artwork include Cheryl St. John, Margaretta Caesar, Duke Beardsley, Martin Lambuth, Madeleine O'Connell, Jeanne Echertnach, Cora Wheeler, Jean Shom, Jeanie Gebhart, Deborah McAllister, Karen Spotts, Pat Carney, Eric Matelski, Anita Winter ... the list goes on to include 35+ professional artists along with 100+ paintings from memory impaired individuals. Beautiful stuff.
I'm very grateful that so many other artists see the benefits of keeping art in your life as long as possible.


I See Lavender
Acrylic 24x24

My painting on the left next to the one that inspired me - both for sale together at the Alzheimer's Association Art Auction on June 10, 2017.