ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Day 229 and 230 Matanzas Late Lavender

I love my artist network. My friend Jeanne Echternach connected me with a local California artist who suggested I paint at Matanzas Creek Winery. Not only a winery, they grow lavender and even though it blooms in June and is harvested in July - they kindly leave some uncut for us latecomers to enjoy. They also have a pretty nice gift shop and I managed to bring home a few lavender related products. I pretended I was shopping for gifts, but really I'm keeping all of them. Always willing to do my part to support the economy.

I'm so glad I thought to ask advice on where to paint, I never would have found this great spot. Thanks Jeanne and Penny. Feel free to check them out:
Matanzas Creek Winery in Sonoma
Jeanne at jeanneechternachfineart.com
Penny Popken at pennypopkenstudio.com


Matanzas Late Lavender
9x12 pastel

Getting Closer
9x12 pastel


Another hard day at the office, it smelled so good!
I