ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Day 220 Friends in High Places

I've missed painting and posting - I finally hit a slump. That's when you come up with excuses to not paint. Like ... I'm still moving (I'm not, I'm moved), I'm still organizing the studio, it looks hot out, too busy, "I'll start tomorrow", etc. Then I realized that I watched all 3 of the Back to the Future movies over the last week (as if I haven't seen them before?) and wasted 6 good hours that I could have painted. We won't even discuss binge watching all 7 seasons of Nurse Jackie on Netflix ...
Slump.
So, here's to Day 220. I was up in Grand Lake yesterday and text my friend Laura to paint. I had pastels and couldn't really paint in the rain (it was pretty cloudy out) so Laura asked someone she knew at the Grand Lake Yacht Club if we could paint on their covered porch. They were nice as could be and let us even though they were getting ready for a pretty busy day/evening with the last day of their Regatta. I'm waiting to get turned down on these requests but so far so good! People are awesome.

The sailboat races started and off we painted. FAST. The horn blew before I knew it with a 5 minute warning. I always think I'm gonna have time to paint 2 but it never happens. Can barely finish one.

It did start to rain - so I'm grateful for having Laura look out for me and my pastels and the GLYC for letting us paint on their awesome deck.

Friends in High Places
10x12 pastel



Laura Kratz - friends in high places
elevation 8,369 ft to be exact!