ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Day 223 Size Matters aka Vivid Grove

Well, usually size doesn't really matter. Except ...
Size matters when you are trying to text on a teeny tiny keyboard on your phone.
Size matters when you have to park in a underground parking garage.
Size matters when you order ice cream.
And, size matters when you paint a 6 inch canvas vs. a 3 foot canvas; you may have to
approach it differently.
Today I gessoed a lot of canvas to get ready for a weekend painting frenzy. Every size from 4"x4" to 38"x38". Which made me think a lot about size. After spending all that time priming canvas I realized I had to wait for it to dry (rats) so off to the pastel paper I went.

I also taught my MIM class today at Windcrest, it's always a joy to paint with these folks. Today I worked with the sweetest lady who is losing her vision. It's a great challenge to find ways for someone to be successful at painting when losing your eyesight. Big brushes, bright colors and lots of direction. Today felt like a "big" successful day.

Vivid Grove (a more appropriate title!)
12 x 24 pastel
sold


New studio and I already ran out of floor space!