ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 241 Centered

Yesterday morning, after painting in RMNP, I sat in a chair for a few minutes listening to the wind and water trickling by in the Colorado River. I love these quiet places. Feeling centered.
Peaceful.

Then in the afternoon while painting on BLM land close to my house, a hunter walked by. With 2 guns. I knew it was bow and black powder season, but didn't realize you could hunt on BLM land, I had never seen a hunter in this area. I was wearing orange but my friends weren't. Then we heard a couple - 3 to be exact - gunshots. Wearing orange btw does not make me feel safe in the least. An armored vest or riot gear perhaps would have made me feel better.
Not peaceful.

I have nothing against hunters ... until they walk 2 feet past me with a gun in a thick forest of aspen trees. Out we hiked. Pissed that I won't feel safe hiking again in this beautiful grove of aspen that is a 5 minute walk from my house - anytime during hunting season. Today I'm searching for another spot to paint in my orange clothes and I'll pay a little more attention to avoid men with guns.

Centered
6x6 pastel
sold