ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Day 286 Grass is Not Green

My artist friends already know. Grass is not green. Well, this grass wasn't. I'm always fascinated by looking closely at nature and seeing how not green grass is, and how not blue the sky is either.
This field was full of all those beautiful fall colors, purple, teal, orange, red and even lavender. Ideal for using about 40 different pastels. I painted this in September but just had not gotten around to posting. I'm cleaning up the studio since I've lost a few paintings - it's certainly time. If you have been to my studio, I'm sure you understand how that is possible. OK, I'm cleaning because the kids are coming home for Thanksgiving and they need a place to sleep!
Here's to all art being found by December 31st.

Grass is Not Green
8x10 pastel