ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

21 Down - 39 to Go

I'm currently in Charleston, SC and enjoying November in a non-traditional way. Usually we are in the snowy mountains; but this year Ed and I are celebrating Thanksgiving at Universal Studios, Florida with our kids. Then, Ed and I decided to make it a road trip. You know, we like to drive. We've seen the largest bottle of ketchup in Illinois, a car on fire in Kansas, more road kill than I can count, visited the Great Smoky Mountains and Congaree National Parks (21 National Parks down, 39 to go), and had a nice evening of music and overpriced watery drinks in Nashville, TN.

Road trips are fun.

Now, we've stopped to see friends in historic Charleston, SC. The architecture, galleries, churches, graveyards and wrought iron are fascinating. I wish I had a month to hang out downtown and read about the history and paint those buildings. Oh, the art galleries - superb. The food ... mmm. I'm pretty sure the food is not going to be good at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter but we'll suffer for the rides.

Last, thank you to all my friends and art collectors that purchased mittens, pillows and art during my last couple of shows. I so very much appreciate your monetary purchases but even more - your encouragement, comments and support on this art journey I've taken. Yes, I'm feeling very, very grateful.

Be Kind - Be Thoughtful - Be Genuine
Most of all - Be Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!

The lovely home of friends in Charleston, SC

Clip clop of horses and carriage tours

Art is everywhere - beautiful sculptures

So much history: wrought iron, cemeteries, churches

Happy Thanksgiving

I love flowers - especially in November