ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Friday, July 26, 2019

Long Road Trip: Week 1 part A

Hi friends - you all know how much I love a road trip and now I'm on a long one. My husband and I are traveling with our 24" camper across the Northwest. He's biking and I'm painting. Actually we are doing a lot of driving, camping, cooking, seeing stuff, googling stuff (when we have service) and taking photos. The only bad thing about camping is slow cell service, no wifi - but it's also the great thing about camping. I don't realize how much I just google stuff ... until I can't.

Starry Hollow Ranch - Utah

Day 1: We camped at Green River Campground in Dinosaur National Monument, it was really pretty along the river - but 100 degrees. No hookups, so I'm already grateful for the generator Ed bought last minute because all women in their mid 50's deserve AC, camping or no camping.

The drive was beautiful; fields of yellow Mules Ears, paintbrush and just a few lupine.
I managed one sketch but the mosquitos were relentless, I gave up and ran for the camper. We visited the Josie Morris cabin (how interesting was she! - She was married 5 times and hung out with some bad cowboys - read about her here).

Campground along Green River - Dinosaur National Monument

Day 2: we camped at a Harvest Host - a network of farms, wineries and museums that let you camp for free in a boondocking kind of way. Then you repay the kindness by purchasing from their farm, store or winery. Starry Hollow Ranch, a private farm outside of Salt Lake City was a beautiful spot, 22 acres with views all around. There was a barn, chickens, goats, alpacas, horses, dogs ... a few of my favorite things :) Genny was a great host, we toured the garden and I learned a lot about chicken eggs. We had a quick stop, I managed one painting of their view. I have several sketches not completed yet, lots of photos and good intentions.

Our spot next to the barn

A beautiful evening walk

The goats slightly curious as to what a plein air setup was

Sunset at Starry Hollow Ranch


Most of my art is posted on Instagram here. Thanks for reading!