ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Day 226 A Little Chicory

I painted at Bear Creek Park this morning with PAAC, it's always nice to have the camaraderie of other artists at paint outs. Especially helpful when you are struggling to "un-slump" yourself - I keep saying the slump is over but it's really not. I've been painting consistently and enthusiastically since January 1st and I figured at some point I would start to struggle. Yep, struggling.

First I painted this chicory plant and then tried another painting that I wiped out. A small boy going by looked at my wiped off canvas and said "where's the paint?" Yeah, that's what I was thinking too  - I never wipe off paintings. So, I'm going to slow down, quit announcing that the slump is over (I had hoped positive thinking would fix it) and just keep painting when I can.

I'll still end up with 366 paintings at the end of this year, you just may not see them all. I'm traveling next week so look for some interesting plein air work from the west coast!

A Little Chicory
5x7 oil