ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Day 227 & Day 228 Half Dome

Last week I took a road trip to Yosemite and Sonoma, CA. Along with my pastels, I brought watercolors, markers, pen & ink and acrylics. As if I'd have time to use half of it ... I'm a little over ambitious sometimes.

At the top of Glacier Peak there is an amazing view of half dome. I wandered off the trail away from the bus loads of tourists, popped up the umbrella and did a couple watercolors in the journal. Thanks to my friend, Tracy Haines - I'm bumping up "travel journal" on the to do list. Check her out on tracyhaines.com.

On a side note, we always see interesting things along the way. Would you EVER stay in a hotel called "Clown Motel"? Sounds like I made it up, right? See below. I can't even image why anyone could think this is not creepy. Apologies to all clowns out there.



 Day 227 Half Dome View
Ink & watercolor 9x12

Day 228 Half Dome Trees
watercolor 8x10


Such a pretty spot mere yards away from all the tourists

And a hotel I can't image anyone stays at ...