ITS ALL ABOUT ART

Almost daily painter, traveler and art lover
It's all about art, what else is there?
@lisahutart on instagram

Monday, March 28, 2016

Day 88 Silverthorne Shadows

I've created more that 88 paintings since January 1st. I admit, not all of them good. Friends have asked if I really paint every day, well almost. Some days, if time allows I will paint all day and have 2 or 3 paintings. Occasionally, I will spend a day framing, priming canvas or generally cleaning the art studio that has become an exceptionally big mess. Today was one of those days. Since I have a handful of extra paintings I can still post everyday but they have all been painted since January 1st. This was painted last week just north of Silverthorne along the Blue River. I really wanted to paint the shadows on the snow. Didn't spend much time on the rest of the painting (which shows) but I think I got what I wanted in the foreground at least.
Silverthorne Shadows
9x12 pastel